Yeast Infections: Causes, Symptoms, And Treatment – Part-3
Diagnosis and mitigation
If you suspect that you have a yeast infection, the best practice is to seek help from a competent doctor to diagnose it and provide appropriate treatment and treatment. It is possible to misdiagnose yeast infections if you do it yourself or have done by an incompetent practitioner. For example, nearly two-thirds of women who self-medicate for vaginal candidiasis in 2002 have conditions according to the Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology. Diagnosis can be made either through microscopy or culture. Microscope examination involves dissolving cells taken from the affected area to leave the candida cells after they can see under a microscope. In cultivation, the swab is rubbed on the affected area and dipped in the culture liquid. They are incubated for several days to allow the spread of causative bacteria or yeast. The characteristics of the colonies of microorganisms produced are then examined to determine their properties.
There are many types of drugs that can be used to treat various types of candida infections.
The most common treatment is antibiotics use to kill the yeast. Fluconazole topically applied through suppositories or douches is a good drug for vaginal yeast infections. Anti-fungals can also be given directly to the vagina using tablets, creams, and ointments. They can also give orally. It also applied in the treatment of other types of candidiasis with varying doses. If you are pregnant, the application of local triazole and imidazole is the best way to go because this anti-fungal drug has little risk of transfer to the baby, unlike other drugs.
For oral yeast infections, your doctor may give you an antifungal drug that is carded in the mouth and swallowed. Anti-fungal candies that dissolve in your mouth can also be used.
For skin infections, you may receive antifungal creams or powders to be applied topically. Or, your doctor may prescribe an antifungal pill.
In cases of severe infections, especially when entering the bloodstream, you may need to take antifungal pills orally for an extended period. The doctor will try to identify the organ from which the yeast comes after therapy with various antifungal agents such as polyenes, azoles, and echinocandins. This prevents the entry of fungus into the bloodstream after it is clear.
Even though medical drugs are beneficial, the best way is to avoid infection altogether. There are certain health precautions that you can take to prevent candidiasis, especially sex. This includes:
- Dry yourself thoroughly, especially around the genitals after bathing or bathing. This denies the steam yeast needed to develop.
- Dispose of underwear that you have during the last infection. Or you can sterilize it with boiling.
- After going to the toilet, clean from front to back to avoid transferring yeast from the anal area to the genitals.
- Avoid using soap around the vagina when soap kills bacteria that helps relieve fungal growth. It will be beneficial to replace your soap with apple cider vinegar which kills yeast and also heals the affected area.
- Avoid clothes that are very tight and stick mainly to underwear because this tends to create a yeast-loving waste condition.
- Reduce or eliminate sugar and alcohol from your diet because this is a favorite food for yeast.
- If you use birth control pills, consider changing the tablet you use or changing it with another contraceptive.
- Avoid sex with an infected partner.
- Reduce your dependence on antibiotics because they kill bacteria that are useful in checking yeast multiplication.
- Increase your intake of live yogurt and other fermented milk products because it reintroduces bacteria to your intestines.
Some practitioners recommend a variety of alternative treatments including dietary supplements. Various medical authorities highly question this efficacy including the FTC and the National Institutes of Health in the US. Garlic has cited as an effective remedy for this type of infection due to its anti-fungal properties. You can enjoy this benefit either by eating it raw or applying garlic paste to the affected area.