Five Ingredients Of Hair Loss Shampoos You Should Know
There are many aspects to effective hair loss routines, but one of the key is having a good shampoo. This is a simple first step for any sufferer with a variety of methods and products. Specifically designed to improve the health of existing hair while helping to reduce hair loss and promote hair growth. Shampoos are relatively inexpensive so you can experiment until you find a favorite without breaking your budget. It is also easy to use and follow the routine, and no scary side effects as drugs such as topical cream and pills/gel. The following is a list of 5 hair loss shampoo ingredients that have been proven to look out for.
1. Herbal ingredients:
- The most successful natural ingredient that has shown success is Saw Palmetto. This seems to inhibit the production of DHT (Dihydrotestosterone) which is a product of testosterone that attacks hair follicles which causes them to shrink and close. It is also used to treat men with prostate enlargement and has properties similar to Finasteride used in FDA-approved Propecia. Shampoo with this ingredient is certainly worth a try.
- These are chemicals used in shampoo to create a “foam” effect. People think that because their shampoo is foaming well, then it does a great job and their hair will get cleaner. This is psychological nonsense! These surfactants do not have any cleaning properties that have ever existed and are actually rough and potentially damaging. This is another ingredient in shampoo that contains cleansing properties. If you experience hair loss, surfactants should be avoided. There are lots of shampoos without them to give them away.
3. Essential Oils:
- Essential oils have been around since ancient times and have been used for various reasons because of natural healing properties. They are concentrated oils derived from plants such as lavender. Many swear by them as a way to stimulate healthy hair growth. They can also help soothe irritated scalp which is a symptom of male baldness.
4. Nettle and bay:
- These are other hair loss shampoo ingredients to look out for. Good if your hair is dull, this essential oil can help restore it. They are also used to treat dandruff and contain anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties to help promote healthy hair and scalp.
5. Tea Tree Oil:
- This is very popular and is used as a medicine for several things. You can find tea tree shampoos in most drug and health stores. It has strong anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties essential for healthy head and scalp care. This is also used as effective prevention of head lice infestations.
Although hair loss is mostly due to heredity and hormones, these are a few simple ways to help fight it and at least reduce the level of hair loss. Experimenting with hair loss shampoo ingredients can provide invaluable help in reducing the level of loss and must be part of every effective hair loss strain.