5 Easy Anti-Anxiety Techniques and Home Care to Stop Your Anxiety and Panic Attacks
We all suffer from anxiety, almost every day, now. But the difference between your normal daily stress and anxiety moments, and, those who suffer from generalized anxiety disorder (GAD) is huge.
Instead of just shaking off stress and anxiety and continuing things, those who can’t GAD. They are always worried and allow themselves to feel pressured about everything in a way that is disproportionate to their significance. And this happens for a long time.
And often this is related to panic attacks that can be caused by general anxiety, or, the actual trigger for general anxiety. Panic attacks are triggered when a person’s overall anxiety level is very high – like a GAD – that they fool your body into thinking that it is a sign that you are in danger. Your body then starts a ‘fight or run’ response that causes many chemical and hormonal changes to occur in it.
These changes cause the symptoms you experience during an anxiety attack; for example, nausea, chest tightness, trembling, hyperventilation, sweating, numbness or tingling in the fingers, etc., heartbeat, dizziness or lightheadedness, feeling ‘out of reality’, and the worst; A feeling of impending doom.
Your doctor may recommend drug-based drugs to treat your general anxiety disorder and your panic attacks. This usually consists of antidepressants, sedatives and even beta-blockers for physical symptoms. But, because many people know their costs, they have some quite severe side effects.
Conversely, more and more anxiety sufferers use anti-anxiety techniques and natural remedies such as …
1. Use herbal medicines to relax and relieve stress. Many have a good record of anxiety, panic attacks, and depression. These are typical Valerian, Chamomile, Kava Kava, St John’s Wort and Avena Sativa. Talk to your local herbalist about your specific case.
2. Do you get the right level of vitamins and minerals, etc.? In your daily diet? Maybe not, because modern, Western diets lack a lot of vitamins and minerals that are important in controlling anxiety. For instance, vitamin B complex, vitamins A, C and E, plus, selenium, zinc, calcium, magnesium, and iron. Discuss a food nutritionist for the best advice.
3. Relaxation exercises are proven to help in anxiety and relieve stress. When done correctly they can help reduce high blood pressure, regulate breathing and metabolism, slow down the heart rate and reduce adrenaline levels. But relaxation is a skill that you must learn. There are many therapists to teach you.
4. Ever practice yoga? Now, this is the right time to start, when you need it. Yoga is another skill that you must learn and practice. But the emotional and physical benefits for someone with generalized anxiety are enormous.
5. Join a self-help group. This can be very useful in helping you realize that you don’t have to suffer alone, in silence. And these groups help you put things in perspective while releasing your emotions. Plus, by interacting with, and helping others in the same position, you increase your confidence and confidence.
There is no doubt that these five anti-anxiety techniques and home remedies can be very useful, but there are many more that you can use, you need to continue your search. Hopefully, I have given you a sense of what is possible.
However, there is one item that I have not discussed here due to lack of time, and that is very important to get rid of your ‘fear’ from other panic attacks. This is important because of this fear – and it can be a conscious or unconscious fear – increasing your general anxiety level and often triggering an attack because of it. This then increases your fear and your level of anxiety even more, which is a vicious cycle of anxiety that needs to be broken to cure complete anxiety.